Will the Apple Store be open for people not buying iPads?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Tu13es, Mar 11, 2011.

1. Tu13es macrumors regular

I'm waiting for an iPad at Target but would like to pick up a Smart Cover at the Apple Store. Anyone know if I can sneak past the line to pick one up? Or is it iPad buyers only?

edit: I'm talking after the store relieve at 5.

2. whateverandever macrumors 6502a

I'd bet they wouldn't let you buy a Smart Cover without standing in line. There's plenty of people waiting in line that are going to want them and it would be unfair to sell them ahead of time to a walk-in.

As far as I know, though, in previous launches the store was still open to people wanting other things.

3. mrkjsn macrumors 6502

If the smart cover is hanging on a shelf, you should be able to buy it. Apple typically has a designated line for the released item so as to not intrude on their regular sales.

4. webcrush macrumors regular

I walked by the store and it was closed off and given security, it didn't look like anyone was getting in that wasn't on line.

5. Tu13es thread starter macrumors regular

If anyone cares, they let me buy them, but by the time I got there all the ones I was considering had sold out.

6. webcrush macrumors regular

What did they have left? I'd like to get a black leather one until more cases are available.