Will the Apple Store still repair an iPhone 2G?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by MST, Mar 18, 2011.

1. MST macrumors 6502

MST

I suppose by repair I mean swap out for a "re-manufactured" handset, I seem to remember reading several posts on here stating that Apple holds stock; albeit maybe centrally, of such items?

The majority, if not all 2Gs are now well out of AppleCare and any such repairs would have to be paid for, it's just a thought I've had after I recently started using a 2G 4GB recently as a work phone.

Let the flaming begin...

2. Splutterbug macrumors newbie

It's worth a shot, about a year ago I had an ipod 30 gig replaced long after they were discontinued. Also due to it being a known fault they did it all for free which I was very impressed with

3. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Its possible but why spend $200 for an out of warranty replacement for a 2G?

4. Interstella5555 macrumors 603

Interstella5555

Tied fir best looking phone? I don't know,I have my kicking around and if it broke I'd seriously consider getting it fixed.

5. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

I hear you, it looks cool and has plenty of history behind it but its pretty slow and outdated for my likings.

6. iDutchman macrumors 6502a

I had mine fixed last week. It's not being used. But the back and all was in pristine condition. The glass was broken though so the whole screen unit got replaced. It's literally looking as new. Now it's safe in its box.

It's awesome to have a brand new looking iPhone 8GB laying around with all the accessories (including still packed headphones and charger):D:apple:

7. MST thread starter macrumors 6502

MST

Applyjuiced & Interstella5555 - I hear what both of you are saying, on the one hand and IMHO it's not only the best looking but also the best "feeling" of the iPhones to date, that said it is slow at times which can be a little frustrating to say the least!

All things considered I can honestly say that I've used the 2G a lot more than my iPhone 4 since I started using it at the beginning of the week.

Was that at the Apple Store iDutchman?

8. iDutchman macrumors 6502a

Oh, sorry. Ehm. No. Kind of off topic I guess.

It was an official iDevices fixing company or whatever.

9. MST thread starter macrumors 6502

MST