Will the Apple watch package need to be signed for?

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by Jeknightx95, Apr 7, 2015.

1. Jeknightx95 macrumors newbie

So I am ordering my Apple Watch Thursday night and will be having it shipped to my apartment. I will be working from 7:45 AM until 3:15 PM and was curious if I will need somebody to sign for the package? I could always have one of my neighbors sign for it, but I would have to know in advance to put their apartment number.

2. madsci954 macrumors 68030

I'm willing to wager yes, a signature will be required

3. mattopotamus macrumors G5

mattopotamus

once you place your order, you can go online and print a "pre-sign" for delivery form. You either need to leave that or have someone sign for it. They do require a signature though.

Wouldn't your apartment sign for it?

4. Phillybizzle macrumors regular

5. valleian macrumors regular

valleian

I live in an apartment too, and since this is such a big delivery (price wise) that they will definitely need a signature, or a pre-sign form. I plan on printing one out and waiting for the delivery person outside all day.

6. poematik13 macrumors 6502a

If you won't be around, they'll just keep the package at their facility and you can go there and pick it up. Thats how I get most of my more expensive stuff, as I cant be bothered to wait at my house all day listening for a truck to come down the road.

7. mattopotamus macrumors G5

mattopotamus

I let them leave it on my doorstep =/

I guess I just trust my neighborhood.

8. tgi macrumors 65816

tgi

[​IMG]

9. lentus macrumors member

are you saying you would not trust you neighbor with a piece of electronics? sad world you live in.

10. 0007776 Suspended

I would say the majority of people wouldn't. Probably partly because very few people actually know their neighbors well or at all.

11. Phillybizzle macrumors regular

Is correct.

You guys are probably US based too, You're a friendlier bunch all round I think.

12. 0007776 Suspended

I'm in the US, and I certainly wouldn't want a package as valuable as the apple watch left with a neighbor or just sitting at the door. And I would imagine most people would feel the same way. Except possibly in rural areas where there isn't a neighbor for a mile or so.

13. sodaftl macrumors member

sodaftl

Quite an Apple fanatic, I'm guessing...!

14. lunaoso macrumors 65816

lunaoso

I'm coincidentally on vacation that week, so I lucked out. I usually miss all of the packages that I need to sign for, as I'm not home.

15. poematik13 macrumors 6502a

It depends on the neighborhood. I've lived in places where neighbors are like extended family (especially if you all have been living there for years and years) and we take out each others trash, tend to their pets when they are on vacation, warn them if their cars are parked illegally, etc. Other times, you never speak to neighbors at all or you have a bad relationship with them because they are old and they dont like to hear you party at night, etc.