Will the Apple Wireless Keyboard ever gain a number pad back?

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by greg400, Mar 5, 2010.

1. greg400 macrumors 6502

Because the size of thing currently is ridiculous. It's just too damn small. The least they could've done was made it an option. I don't want a wire going down my desk or a USB port taken up but I want a number pad with arrow keys that aren't miniscule. Really Apple? Is it that hard to just offer the option? They had the full keyboard on their previous generation wireless keyboard. Am I in the minority here or did people just give up on waiting for it? I was hoping they would change it when they updated the mouse from the Mighty Mouse to the Magic Mouse but all they did was make it run on two batteries instead of three. Awesome. :rolleyes:

2. rgarjr macrumors 603

rgarjr

is that sarcasm i sense.. :p

3. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

I doubt it. It just seems like practical isn't what el steveo wants. That arrogant guy probably thinks that extra keys make things loom hard so he just got rid of them.

4. JayInNJ macrumors regular

Agree, I love the keyboard except for no number pad. I don't know why they think no one does any spreadsheet or accounting work with a Mac.

5. kasakka macrumors 68000

I actually really like that it DOESN'T have a number pad. For most people it isn't all that useful.

However, I think what Apple should do is what has been done on many PC laptop keyboards: just use some of the regular keys as a numpad when you hold Fn down.