Will the current 3.0 dev. beta be the one released the 17th?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by hoopyfitz, Jun 15, 2009.

1. hoopyfitz macrumors member

So i have the latest 3.0 build from the dev. connection website, (build# 7A341)

I assumed this would be the one released wed. because is is the "gold master" final version.

But, when i called the dev. tech support today, (not the regular iphone support, the 3.0 support for just developers) i asked if i should upgrade to the one released wednesday, or will it just be the same as the one i have.

She insisted i should upgrade, at first saying there would be a new version, then quickly taking that back saying that there "could" be a new release.

Im not sure if she was just fumbling her words, or she knows there will be a new release, and remembered she couldn't tell me that.

It makes sense that there will be a new final version, because there were only 5 betas total which doesnt give a lot of time to fix bugs and such...

what do you think?

2. bndoarn macrumors 6502a

honestly, this question has been asked way too many times to count. the 3.0 GM is what's going to be released to the public. and btw it's not a beta, it's the final version which is why it's called the GM. any other bug fixes will be in 3.0.1 (or whatever the next one will be)

3. cammoattard macrumors newbie

In Australia, the release has been delayed a day. We have to wait until June 18th. :mad:

I am not happy (even though its one day, its the constantly doing these things with everything). Why does Apple Australia always make things crap. They make the prices ten times greater (*figure of speech*) then what they should be, they delay things constantly. They are always behind everybody else, but then again, its like that with everything in Australia not just Apple.

Apple US is awesome, but Apple Australia need a wake up call!!!!

4. ttech10 macrumors 6502

Will the GOLD MASTER be released? Yes, most likely.

5. jdzialak macrumors regular

Will I be able to install 3.0 on my unlocked 2g using itunes, just like i did with 2.2?
    Or will it ibrick?

Joe

6. ipedro macrumors 68040

ipedro

Because June 17th in the US will be June 18th in Australia. You'll get it at the same time :p

Australia gets to have New Years Eve before us North Americans. At least you've got that. You're always ahead...