Will the current iPod Touch ever allow you to record audio?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Osprey, Jan 24, 2008.

1. Osprey macrumors 6502

Will the current iPod Touch be able to record audio onto it with an external device or will it take a re-design of the iPod Touch's hardware? In the previous generations of iPods you add a device like the Belkin Tune Talk and record audio directly onto it. Is it just a matter of waiting for a new device that works with the iPod Touch? I don't want to make phone calls with an iPod Touch, if I wanted that I would buy the iPhone, but I really do want to be able to record audio on it. Thanks for indulging in my lack of inexperience with the iPod Touch.

2. mrkramer macrumors 603

mrkramer

I think once the SDK is out, some company may be able to write the software to work with a microphone addon.

3. imaketouchtheme macrumors 65816

are you serious?

You've been able to use vnotes for a while now. All you need to do us jailbreak your touch then get a mic for it......

4. shigzeo macrumors 6502a

shigzeo

some people would like to have a higher quality experience than with just a mic built into a mic. line a proper line in that would allow for line recordings and/or plug in of external mic with amp etc. the touch is a perfect platform if software is released that allows on the fly recording level adjustment as well as other filters.

i posted about this earlier and - yeah, i think a few of us are waiting for a proper recording option