Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dandrewk

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Apr 20, 2010
San Rafael, California
I'm not sure if I remember a new product launch that gave a delivery range of one week when orders opened up. I suspect Apple waited as long as possible to finalize the release version. This is a good thing.

I wonder if that week range will become more finite as we get closer to May 21. Like others, I am checking to see if the estimate changes. It may be though, we won't know anything more until credit cards start getting charged.

Reactions: TheRealAlex

AutomaticApple

Suspended
Nov 28, 2018
Massachusetts
I'm not sure if I remember a new product launch that gave a delivery range of one week when orders opened up. I suspect Apple waited as long as possible to finalize the release version. This is a good thing.

I wonder if that week range will become more finite as we get closer to May 21. Like others, I am checking to see if the estimate changes. It may be though, we won't know anything more until credit cards start getting charged.
Yes, that sometimes happens.

symphony

macrumors 68020
Aug 25, 2016
Probably depends on the configurations. These recent main product launches have always been one week delayed than the original launch day in my region and never comes earlier. It’s annoying.

I manage to buy it I’m store for pick up on launch day when I can

TheRealAlex

macrumors 68030
Sep 2, 2015

Yes 100% because people cancel orders, so existing ordered get bumped Up. But new orders go to the back of the line. I’ve already been Bumped up from July 2nd to June 22

Reactions: Mt44

jqc

macrumors 6502
Jun 30, 2007
My card was charged a few hours ago for the 2021 12.9 iPad Pro WI-FI 2 TB Space Grey. Should be the way shortly ? Awaiting shipping confirmation in the next few days.
me too this morning; is it normal to be charged a full 10 days before the release date?

Dstopsie

macrumors 68010
Jun 22, 2010
LOS ANGELES BABY!!

Credit cards are getting charged. Mine was about an hour ago. 12.9” 256 space grey WiFi only. Delivery May 21–28th. Now preparing to ship!!!

RiotMilk

macrumors member
Oct 30, 2020
Was there ever an exact release date? I never heard one like we usually do.
Wow you just made me so happy haha, as I had mentally been expecting that it couldn't be earlier than May 21 but that is such a good point, it was always just a (likely conservative) estimate on Apple's side! Now i'm eagerly refreshing my apple order which did flip to "preparing to ship" yesterday

thank you for the excitement!

Resqu2

macrumors 6502a
Apr 23, 2011
Wow you just made me so happy haha, as I had mentally been expecting that it couldn't be earlier than May 21 but that is such a good point, it was always just a (likely conservative) estimate on Apple's side! Now i'm eagerly refreshing my apple order which did flip to "preparing to ship" yesterday

thank you for the excitement!
I’m still not seeing a CC charge go through (says pending) but mine says preparing to ship also.

Reactions: cpatrick08

FloridaScrubJay

macrumors member
Jun 22, 2020
Riverview, FL
I am awaiting on a shipping confirmation. It should be soon as my card went through. Will update one a confirmation arrives. I am suspecting next week on arrival.

Jro29

macrumors regular
Jun 13, 2017
I just got a shipment notification and the UPS tracking site says it’s departed from China with a delivery date of 5/21.

Reactions: kycophpd

PBG4 Dude

macrumors 601
Jul 6, 2007
I just got a shipment notification and the UPS tracking site says it’s departed from China with a delivery date of 5/21.
Nice! i checked and all UPS says is “it’s on its way”, with a delivery date of May 21. Apple still says May 21-27, with a disclaimer saying they can’t provide an exact date because COVID shipping delays are possible.

GadgetComa

macrumors member
Jul 20, 2011
I got shipping confirmation from Apple that says it delivers on 5/21. UPS says 5/21 by 7pm. That means 8 days, 7 hours, 18 minutes, 30 seconds ... 29 seconds ... (yes, I can keep going).

Reactions: MacMandy

7even

macrumors 65816
Jan 11, 2008
Hopefully, a lot of people will decide to cancel their 1TB, 12.9 orders.

Or an avalanche of cancelled 256GB 12.9 orders... I woke up late so I'll be waiting up to ~4 more weeks (Jun 24+ timeframe) :confused:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.