Resolved Will the first beta of OS X El capital expire?

Discussion in 'OS X El Capitan (10.11)' started by an7oniolatte, Jun 23, 2015.

1. an7oniolatte macrumors newbie

I was able to get the first beta installed with a developer account on one of my laptops and i was wondering if this version will expire. if yes i guess i will have to go back to yosemite or wait for the public beta and see if i can install that on top of this version (seems unlikely).

2. Watabou macrumors 68040

Watabou

OS X DPs don't expire. I have the second developer preview of Yosemite still installed on my 2008 MBP. Still works. I can't be bothered to keep it up-to-date.

3. an7oniolatte thread starter macrumors newbie

thank you very much.

4. tywebb13, Jun 23, 2015
    Last edited: Jul 28, 2015
  5. redheeler macrumors 603

redheeler

@an7oniolatte, out of curiosity, what is the reason you don't want to update to beta 2?

6. an7oniolatte thread starter macrumors newbie

There is no reason, if i could i totally would. the thing is i had access to a developer that allowed me to get the betas and i did it that way. i will update my computer when i can, even i have to wait for the final version. obviously i will think about installing betas a little bit more next time.

7. DoctorFedora macrumors regular

DB2 just shows up in the App Store's software update tab if you're running DB1. You'll be fine.

8. redheeler macrumors 603

redheeler

But you can. It should show up in App Store > Updates regardless, and no developer account is required to install it.

9. an7oniolatte thread starter macrumors newbie

im usually not this dumb. thanks for that, i guess it was a good idea to post it here after all.

10. an7oniolatte thread starter macrumors newbie

thanks, i can already see the update and will get it soon.