Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Mpow

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 20, 2015
Hello,

I have flex 2 and I installed a patch that allowed me to watch sky sports mobile tv with AirPlay. As I don't have an Apple TV when I went round my bro's house (he has an Apple TV) surprisingly, it worked. So this made me want to buy one but I don't want to spend 99£ so I found the av adapter on the apple website but I'm concerned that the sky sports patch won't work with the adapter because it's not on AirPlay and this is my main reason why I want to buy one .

Thank you.:D:D

iMac-Do-You?

macrumors member
Oct 28, 2014
Brexitland
Apple TV's are now £59 (in the UK), and you'll probably find 3rd gen ones for around the £45 mark on eBay if you don't mind a used one.

I assume the AV adapter you mention plugs into an iPhone or iPad? If so it should just output whats on the phone or tablet screen, to the screen of your choice, irrespective of Airplay.

Mpow

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 20, 2015
Ok thank you for the reply and I will consider buying second hand Apple TV on eBay but if I was to buy an av adapter cable your saying it would stream sky sports

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.