Will the genius bar replace a cracked screen but 100% faulty iphone 3gs?

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by Jvells, Nov 29, 2010.

1. Jvells macrumors newbie

Had my iphone 3gs for around 4 months now, it recently stopped turning on for some reason. I've tried everything but when I woke up this morning to turn on my phone it just didn't start... it looks beat up around the edges, is missing the volume button on the side, and has a crack, HOWEVER it has no water damage. The only reason it's so beat up is because I skateboard and I keep my phone in my pocket and for some reason the plastic doesn't hold up too well... The sensor is 100% white though and its not really my fault it broke they just built it ******. I think they might replace this is if I go and complain about it not turning on and seeing if they can fix it, if they can't hopefully they will give me a new one. Thoughts?:cool:

2. wpotere Guest

i think that it won't turn on because you beat the crap out of it. It is possible that they will claim that you damaged it and not honor the warranty.

By the way, it is your fault it is damaged. Who else would be the culprit?

3. g4 powerbookboy macrumors regular

kinda like a car/truck if the dealer thinks you abused the vehicle they have the right to deny warranty coverage.

4. Consultant macrumors G5

Consultant

Rejected: You broke it with rough handling, you pay for it.

5. eawmp1 macrumors 601

eawmp1

Wonder if Apple replaced the blender guy's 3GS under warranty? :rolleyes: