Will the graphic card be upgrading on the new macbook 2017?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by esaelias, Jan 25, 2017.

1. esaelias macrumors regular

esaelias

tbh ram i know they will not introduce ddr4 yet

processor to kaby lake is such minimal difference

but will they apple be upgrading the graphic card or will they keep the 450 455 460?

2. R3k macrumors 6502a

I heard that they are going to be putting a 3dfx voodoo in the next refresh.

But hey, just a rumor.

3. richpjr macrumors 68030

richpjr

Nobody outside of Apple knows at this early date and they aren't sharing it with us.

4. leman macrumors 604

There is currently nothing on the market to upgrade from Pro version of Polaris 11. And I am not aware of any comparable new architecture launching any time soon. Maybe there will be a refinement or something, who knows. At any rate, current Nvidia professional GPU lineup is very anaemic when compared to the Radeon Pro 460.

5. aevan macrumors 68000

aevan

No one really knows, but your best bet is to look at AMDs roadmap for this year. I am not familiar with the matter, but from what I read, AMD Vega cards should be out, and perhaps we're looking at Radeon Pro 550, 555 and 560 cards with improved performance and energy consumption.

If these are ready in time, Apple will certainly use them. If they are not - they will keep the old ones. Apple will use the best CPU and GPU from their hardware partners (currently Intel and AMD) that fits their needs (size, power consumption, external display capabilities, etc.) that is available in a timeframe sufficient for proper implementation and testing and in adequate volume. So, people who know follow GPU development can give a guesstimate better than others. Tweet Ryan Smith from Anandtech and ask him.

6. Samuelsan2001 macrumors 603

AMD have yet to show any sign of releasing anything in the right thermal envelope this year so I would say unlikely.