will the imac ever get a ExpressCard slot?

Discussion in 'iMac' started by X1Lightning, May 1, 2009.

1. X1Lightning macrumors 6502

X1Lightning

Do you think the imac will ever get a ExpressCard slot? or an Esata connector?
    it would be awesome to be able to hook up a sata connection to some external drives.

2. kornyboy macrumors 68000

Wirelessly posted (iPhone: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 2_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/525.18.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1.1 Mobile/5H11 Safari/525.20)

I agree that it would be really nice to have but I doubt that Apple will go in that direction anytime soon. I think that the target audience for the iMac, for the most part, doesn't really care about an express slot. They are content with USB and FireWire.

3. Blue Fox macrumors 6502a

Blue Fox

I don't think there is really a demand for it. The majority of iMac owners enjoy it for it's simplicity and all-in-one design. It would be nice to have, but profitability wise, I don't see Apple adding any of that unless there is a really high demand for it. An iMac Pro option will all the "Pro" goodies (including an express slot) would be a smart move I would think........but they do a lot of market research and probably don't have an interest in it.

4. nuckinfutz macrumors 603

nuckinfutz

Since consumers rarely need the performance of eSATA external drives it's probably no going to happen.

I think a lower end NAS may make a better choice for consumers.