Will the Imac Late 09's ever get generally "perfect" screens?

Discussion in 'iMac' started by TennisandMusic, Dec 11, 2009.

1. TennisandMusic

Just curious what everyones thoughts on this are...will Apple eventually sort out the screen issues and basically provide uniform screens on the vast majority of units out there?

2. wesleyh macrumors 6502

Well, I presume previous generation imacs did not have these issues, so yes, they should be able to work the kinks out.

However, it depends on what your meaning of the word "perfect" is.. The technology itself is not perfect.

3. MacHamster68 macrumors 68040

MacHamster68

the lcd technology is still very new ,

its not that you are unlucky if you get a dead pixel , as all lcd manufacturers say its unavoidable , so you are just lucky if you get one without dead pixels
    and all manufacturers try to bring the lcd screen picture quality up near the crt`s picture quality , so give them time in a hundred years they will achieve that eventually , in the meantime you have to live with some drawbacks if you want a lcd screen

4. TennisandMusic thread starter Guest

TennisandMusic

By perfect, I mean screens that are not marred by obvious uniformity issues. Not necessarily the best color gamut, perfect viewing angles etc...

Just thinking about general uniformity, and that is it.

5. avihappy macrumors 6502

avihappy

The previous iMac DID have issues. Just google for "iMac uneven backlight". They never worked those kinks out since the aluminum models were introed in 2007. I feel that most iMacs that have been made and will be made won't have "perfect" or professional quality screens.

6. Bryan Bowler macrumors 68040

Ummm, you do realize that the new iMacs have LED screens don't you? Or did I misunderstand your post because it's a run-on sentence?

Bryan

7. Semimorphus macrumors newbie

LED backlight displays are still LCD displays obviously... :rolleyes:

on topic: I sure hope so, waiting for some kind of confirmation that quality has gone up, before I hand in my i5. My i5 has slight Yellow tinge and has flickered 4 times now albeit for a brief second every time.

8. avihappy macrumors 6502

avihappy

I would say that a flicker is an instant reason to swap your machine. For all you know, it might become a worse problem down the road that no firmware update will fix...