Will the impending release of Leopard include the new iLife?

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by Frohike, Aug 23, 2007.

1. Frohike macrumors regular

Hey there i was just wondering whether leopard will include the new iLife or will i have to buy this as well!? I know the question was pretty much in the title wasn't it!

All the best,

Frohike

2. swiftaw macrumors 603

swiftaw

3. Taylor C macrumors 6502a

I highly doubt that it will.Of course it will continue to ship with new macs, but it's still a separate product.

4. MacsAttack macrumors 6502a

Perhaps this topic should be made a "stickie" :)

You get the latest version of iLife bundled with a new Mac. You even get the latest version of OSX - which is nice of Apple.

When buying a copy of OSX (like Leopard) you get.... ***Drum Roll*** wait for it.... a copy of OSX! You do not get a copy of iLife. You have to buy that separately.

The S-Man made a reference to the "whole package" in Leopard. What he was refering to was that Leopard would include Boot Camp, Front Row, and Photo Booth - applications that were shipped with new Macs only. Older machines (and Mac Pros) did not have Front Row or Photo Booth, and Bootcamp has only been available as a beta. You still need to get a camera of course, but the S-Man also said that Apple was working to support a wider range of devices (i.e. no more iSight from Apple unless it is built in to your iMac or laptop).

One good thing is that Apple do not require incrimental upgrades. Hence I could jump my G4 Mac Mini from iLife 05 to iLife 08 (with the eception that it will not install or run the new iMovie). I did not have to first upgrade from iLife 05 to iLife 06 (or pay extra for the 05 to 08 upgrade). The same is true of OSX. I could jump that Mini from Panther (which it came with) to Leopard and skip Tiger (except i didn't, but as I now have three Macs I'll be getting the family pack and upgrading them all when the time comes). But I still had to buy iLife 08. I'm not getting it free with Leopard.

5. ghall macrumors 68040

ghall

NO!!

Apple wouldn't sell it separately now and then package it with leopard. You know how many people would get pissed off?

6. thegrifman macrumors regular

7. MacDonaldsd macrumors 65816

MacDonaldsd

The most repeated topic at the moment. :D

Reminds me of last years "Whens Santa Rosa going in the MBP"

8. Gymnut macrumors 68000

Gymnut

Where's that dead horse? It must be beaten. Again.

9. Frohike thread starter macrumors regular