Will the Intel HD Graphics 4000 ever be utilised?

doopsie

macrumors member
Original poster
May 19, 2007
Seeing how it seems as if the nvidia 650m seems to be just sufficient for powering the 2880x1800 retina display (pardon me if i am wrong), would the intel hd graphics ever be utilised or will it just grow mouldy in a little corner? :D

Last edited:

pandamonia

macrumors 6502a
Nov 15, 2009
Seeing how it seems as if the nvidia 650m seems to be just sufficient for powering a 2880x1400 display (pardon me if i am wrong), would the intel hd graphics ever be utilised or will it just grow mouldy in a little corner? :D
i only use the nvidia GPU when i want to game. it never gets turned on for anything else.

Less heat and more battery with the iGPU

Comment

doopsie

macrumors member
Original poster
May 19, 2007
i only use the nvidia GPU when i want to game. it never gets turned on for anything else.

Less heat and more battery with the iGPU
sorry, i forgot to mention that i was referring to the new retina mbp. also, don't the mbps have automated switching now? :confused:

Comment

pandamonia

macrumors 6502a
Nov 15, 2009
sorry, i forgot to mention that i was referring to the new retina mbp. also, don't the mbps have automated switching now? :confused:
i turn off the automated crap and choose myself when i want to fire up the lap burner.

it will be the same on this model

Comment

doopsie

macrumors member
Original poster
May 19, 2007
seems like the intel hd 4000 isn't powerful enough to support scrolling without lag after scaling! would that mean the hd 4000 graphics card is almost useless? :(

Comment