Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

alent1234

macrumors 603
Original poster
Jun 19, 2009
don't really want a smartcover since they don't protect the back. wanted one of the ones that protect both sides

vajeff

macrumors member
Jan 30, 2011
Hoping to find out later today. I do not see why it would not. May be a little looser in the cover, but should fit in. And with the flap to tuck it in it should be fine.

Worse case scenario put it in with something else such as paper, micro cloth folded up, etc.

I am not crazy about the Smart Covers, and like the look of the new Targus Cover. I will probably buy the Targus Cover today (provided i get the 64 blk 3G I seek). If the front does not easily fold around back on the Targus Cover (like it does on the Apple Cover), I will take it back and use the Apple Cover until something else comes out.

alent1234

macrumors 603
Original poster
Jun 19, 2009
is there a non smart cover for the iPad2? seems like apple is only trying to push the smart cover

Chupa Chupa

macrumors G5
Jul 16, 2002
The front screen protectors will work -- just need a hole punch to make a hole for the camera. The back side protectors will not work b/c it's a different shape.

Chupa Chupa

macrumors G5
Jul 16, 2002
I've only seen the smart covers. Maybe there will be 3rd party covers available at some point.

Yes, check out the Macally Bookstand2. Functionally it's the same as Smart Cover except that it protects the back and retails for $10 less. It's go some bulky corner snaps that hold the back in place, which is the only downside.

Eric8199

macrumors 6502a
Feb 27, 2009
When I was at Best Buy on launch day, Griffin had a really nice folio case for the iPad 2 similar to the original Apple one but not quite as crappy. Unfortunately, they had no iPad 2s left to go with it!

JROC453

macrumors regular
Jun 22, 2010
South Florida
Well I'm using a Targus leather folding case that I had for my iPad 1. It fits almost perfect. I pealed off my power support screen protector and put it on plastic wrap and installed it on my iPad 2 it also fits almost perfect. Not one bubble. I'm really good at putting them on ;). Also... I did not have to cut out for the front facing camra. :cool:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.