Will The iPad (3) have multi gesture controls?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by nismo13, Mar 10, 2012.

1. nismo13 macrumors newbie

I think I heard during the iPad announcement that it would have the mutitouch gesture controls (that is currently available to jailbroken iPads). As i don't have an iPad did the new 5.1 update add gestures or is it still considered a developer tool for apple? I find that the gestures are awesome my cousin has them on his iPad 1 and swiping between apps is so intuitive and easy, and a lot easier than clicking the home button and switching apps. The multitouch makes it more like a laptop which is a plus in my books :)

2. KeithJenner macrumors 6502a

Current iPads have gestures unjailbroken.

Perhaps not as many, but they're there

3. porcupine8 macrumors 6502a

Multitouch gestures went live with 5.0 back in September.

Your cousin might have additional gesture controls via Activator, a jailbreak tweak, but iOS 5 does have some.

4. bobright macrumors 601

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A405 Safari/7534.48.3)

^ What do you mean not as many, swipe up from bottom for task bar? Pinch to close app and slide left or right to go between apps? That's pretty much all you need.

So they are enabled/include in IOS5 and 5.1? I thought it was always just in a beta as well

5. ukwildcat macrumors 6502

Gestures are iOS based. They've been available for a while now.

6. Stetrain macrumors 68040

The gestures were added as an offiical part of the OS with iOS 5.0.