Will the Ipad 4 Finally get a Better Screen

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Scarpad, Sep 3, 2015.

1. Scarpad, Sep 3, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 3, 2015

Scarpad macrumors 68000

Scarpad

One that doesn't have the chroma defecit of the last two, No matter what they stick into the 4 if it still has that same screen its a pass for me, give it a screen on Part to the Air 1 or 2 and I might bite. Yep I meant the Mini 4

2. chino-rican macrumors member

chino-rican

You do realize that Apple no longer makes the iPad 4, right? You can only get a new Air 1 or Air 2. Why would they "update" the screen on a discontinued product?

3. Che Castro macrumors 603

4. Apples n' Stone, Sep 3, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 3, 2015

Apples n' Stone macrumors 6502a

Apples n' Stone

I am really looking forward to the iPad 4, would be nice to use my iPhone 5 charger on an iPad as well. Although it is annoying that Apple changed the charger, and an iPad only sixth months after my iPad 3? Argh, so shocked nobody else is annoyed about that. But the Retina display was new on the 3, should we really expect ankther brand new display panel. Well, it is 2012 after all so might as well watch the world burn on a high resolution panel.

5. newellj macrumors 601

I assume the same.

And yeah, the Mini 4 really does need a display panel that's comparable to the full size iPad display panels.

6. chino-rican macrumors member

chino-rican

Ahhh... Makes so much more sense now.

Even though the OP probably meant the mini, this was still funny AF! Thanks for the laugh!

7. Apples n' Stone macrumors 6502a

Apples n' Stone

I am really looking forward to the iPad 4, would be nice to use my iPhone 5 charger on an iPad as well. Although it is annoying that Apple changed the charger, and an iPad only sixth months after my iPad 3? Argh, so shocked nobody else is annoyed about that. But the Retina display was new on the 3, should we really expect ankther brand new display panel. Well, it is 2012 after all so might as well watch the word burn on a high resolution panel.
    Cheers :D always good when the humour is appreciated

8. newellj macrumors 601

Plenty of us were extremely annoyed, but it was, what, three years ago? I have better things to do than poison myself with anger that won't register on any scale in Cupertino. It's not clear what you mean by "should we really expect [another] brand new display panel." If you mean for the Mini, the answer is emphatically yes. The current Mini retina display delivers decent resolution, but the color attributes of the display are at best mediocre. It's time for an upgrade that puts the Mini on a level that's comparable with the full size iPads.

9. Apples n' Stone macrumors 6502a

Apples n' Stone

Have you ever heard of the term, "whoosh"?

Think about it...

10. newellj macrumors 601

Sorry that went over your head.

11. Apples n' Stone macrumors 6502a

Apples n' Stone

If you care to observe my original comment it is full of this wonderful thing known as sarcasm which has thus gone straight over your head. But anyhow, although you filed to understand my original post was sarcasm I agree with your points about the iPad Mini line. Te difference between the Retina display on their and that of my iPad Air 2 is substantial and the third generation was just an all around disappointment. But equally we did get a massive jump between the first and second. I own a second generation iPad mini which I use very little so the chances of me upgrading are very small, but the others should be hoping for n improved colour gamut, particularly in the red range. The RAM upgrade would be a bonus. I, myself will be holding off until the next 9.7" Iteration of the iPad as it is just the right size for me. :)

12. nj-morris macrumors 68000

nj-morris

I'm going to have to say no, because they need to keep the colour gamut low to conserve battery life (I think). If they give the Air more battery life than the Mini, maybe.