Separate names with a comma.
Discussion in 'iPad' started by kwyn, Oct 19, 2012.
What do you think? Will we be able to us iPad mini as a phone?
Why do a few people on here want to use it as a phone? No, it won't happen.
Absolutely not. Why would you want that?
Apple already makes a phone.
considering some (stupid) people already use their 10" iPads as phones, sure.
1) on wifi, will probably use VOIP solutions like skype, viber, talkatone, etc
2) on wifi+cellular, same as #1, but you can probably jailbreak it to enable calling natively over cellular
two things for certain:
1) no official solution will be offered by Apple
2) it looks stupid whenever I see someone holding their ipad to their ear like a phone :|
might be good size for facetime. maybe
1) Nobody wants to hold their iPad up to their head.
2) On the other hand... what's stupid is walking around carrying _both_ a cell phone and an iPad!
3) So I've said for years and years.... what we need is for Apple to offer some kind of iPhone/iPad option hybrid. I'm 50 years old and I can't even see anything on my iPhone 4S anyway without my reading glasses. But if my new iPad Mini came with some type of Bluetooth solution all bundled in place... I could use that all the time. When the phone rings, you pop the earpiece on and push the button. In the car, the Bluetooth in the car picks it up. Etc.
It really does seems amazingly redundant to buy an iPhone and then a cell version of an iPad. Why can't I use the cell version of the iPad to make my phone calls??
No way will it have a phone.
The Best Phone/Tablet (phablet) will be the Galaxy Note 2 for this year, but you can dream on...
not apple sanctioned, and requires jailbreak.... but here you go!
//note: just realized this is only for iPad 1, not available for later models
No. Although I'm sure Samsung will be happy to make an 8" phone just for you
Agreed. I for one would love to have a 7 inch tablet that doubles as a phone. Instead of carrying a tablet and a phone, you'd carry a tablet and earphones. And you'd still have a large screen. If the Galaxy Note 2 ran iOS, I'd get it in a heartbeat.
If someone wants to hold an iPad to their head, they can buy a Galaxy Note Ridiculous.
Who says a Phone needs to be held up to the head?
Some fairly backwards thinking going on here.
Facetime, Skype, WebEx, SIP, ... you name it. That will be your best guess.
A "native" voice function ? No way. Its not an iPhone Maxi
Yes. It will be the answer to GN2
No. First of all it doesn't have an earpiece, so everyone would hear your conversations (Assuming you use the phone outside of your own house.)
It could do alright with a bluetooth headset, but it would require a phone plan and there is no way that Apple will be doing that for the 20 or so people in the world that want to use it as a phone.
I don't understand the hate-on for this idea. It makes perfect sense to me. Why do I want to buy a phone and an ipad? This deficiency is the only thing stopping me from buying an iPad. There's no way I'm gonna bring a laptop (must have for software on it), iPad & iPhone with me when I travel. IT WILL NEVER HAPPEN.
Isn't the hardware already included? They just need to write the app? Sorry but this is a really dumb move.