Will the iPad Mini receive the 8/9 pin dock connector?

docprego

macrumors 65816
Jun 12, 2007
Henderson, NV
As stated in the title, do you think we will see the rumored 8/9 pin dock connector on the new iPad Mini?
I personally think so.

1. It's a smaller device so logically the smaller connector will be easier to incorporate.
2. If Apple is changing dock connector standards they will most likely want to do it across their entire product line going forward.

NbinHD

macrumors 6502
Original poster
I personally think so.

1. It's a smaller device so logically the smaller connector will be easier to incorporate.
2. If Apple is changing dock connector standards they will most likely want to do it across their entire product line going forward.
Sounds right. A tad annoying they didn't do it with the redesign of the iPhone 3GS to the iPhone 4 but there is nothing we can do about that. Just so many existing products with the 30pin connector. We can only hope then provide a decent looking adapter to purchase. Thanks for the quick response anyway. Not long now to wait anyway. Are you going to buy one?

docprego

macrumors 65816
Jun 12, 2007
Henderson, NV
Sounds right. A tad annoying they didn't do it with the redesign of the iPhone 3GS to the iPhone 4 but there is nothing we can do about that. Just so many existing products with the 30pin connector. We can only hope then provide a decent looking adapter to purchase. Thanks for the quick response anyway. Not long now to wait anyway. Are you going to buy one?
Undoubtedly. I have the new iPad and love it, but also appreciate a smaller tablet, this will be so convenient for specific situations.

s15119

macrumors 68000
Nov 20, 2010
Will the rumored connector make it on the rumored iPad? Rumors indicate it will, other rumors indicate it won't.

boomhower

macrumors 68000
Oct 21, 2011
If they change it on the iPhone they will change it across all product lines. It just makes absolutely zero sense to have two different dock connectors.

ucfgrad93

macrumors P6
Aug 17, 2007
Colorado
I personally think so.

Agreed. I think a smaller connector will be on the iPad mini.

Fruit Cake

macrumors 6502a
Mar 31, 2012
It will have a new dock connector, I'm just not entirely convinced it will be released as an iPad this fall, it means then they'll eventually push the new iPad release date till next fall as well, or the iPad mini won't be marketed as An iPad at all.