iPad mini Will the iPad mini two come in gold?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Locoboof, Oct 17, 2013.

1. Locoboof macrumors 65816

Locoboof

I'm guessing the iPad 5 will come in the 3 colors as the new iPhone 5S. Do any of you think the iPad mini two will come in gold or come in a variety of colors like the iPod touch (Current gen) with aluminum on the back? I know no one knows,but just wondering your opinions.

2. Bear macrumors G3

I'd say probably not to a wide variety of colors. As for the gold color I would say it's a definite maybe.

3. Locoboof thread starter macrumors 65816

Locoboof

I really hope so,I'd love a gold mini

----------

Lol!

4. bobright macrumors 601

What's wrong with gold?

5. CEmajr macrumors 601

I told myself I wouldn't get the new Mini, but if it's in gold it will be pretty tempting. I had the Slate iPhone 5 and slate iPad Mini. Now have a gold 5S and it looks great.

6. Kurso macrumors 6502

Given the popularity of the iPhone 5s in Gold, even if they were not planning on it, I suspect they will announce it and figure out how to pull it off.

I for one will pass on gold and get whatever silver variant there is.

7. Locoboof thread starter macrumors 65816

Locoboof

I do hope so. I've had the iPad 2,3,4 and the iPhone 4s-5s all in white. I think it would be a cool change after seeing my GF's 5s in gold.

8. nostresshere macrumors 68030

If you have read the few hundred press guesses and other leaks, then you know as much as anyone here.

9. akm3 macrumors 68020

More likely they would NOT announce gold, and then add a gold version in 6 months when the sales start to lag prior to the next refresh.

10. JarScott macrumors 68040

JarScott

Just on a side note and because it's not worth a new thread. Will the iPad mini 2 cost the same as the first gen? It's £269 in the UK and I don't want to pay over £300 for a new one. Some saying the Retina will push the price up?

11. Locoboof thread starter macrumors 65816

Locoboof

That would suck! :(

12. bobright macrumors 601

I wonder if the gold is susceptible to scratching/chipping more than the plain silver or slate?

I want that bling too son

13. Locoboof thread starter macrumors 65816

Locoboof

Man,I hope not! My silver/white iPads have been just fine. I'm hoping the Goldie won't chip/fade easily if they do come out with one.

14. nostresshere macrumors 68030

Doesn't anyone read the posts at the top of MacRumors.

Though even those are somewhat suspect, asking morons like myself here what colors will come out on a product that has not even been announced seems insane.

15. Locoboof thread starter macrumors 65816

Locoboof

It's just a friendly discussion.... Not that serious

16. SactoGuy18 macrumors 68020

SactoGuy18

The answer is probably no. For one thing, while the iPhone 5s looks great in that "champagne gold" color, the iPad or iPad mini in that color would just look tacky, in my humble opinion.

17. Nevaborn macrumors 65816

Nevaborn

I'd rather the mini take after the 5C tbh rather than the Gold of the 5S, I dont even really like the idea of the Full Size iPad having Gold as it may look tacky.

18. Locoboof thread starter macrumors 65816

Locoboof

:(
    I guess we'll see. I hated gold until I saw it in person. Who knows how a full sized or mini would look. We'll see in 3 days!

----------

What about brushed aluminum the same color like the new iPod touches? Or you like the back plastic look better?

19. Eth123 macrumors newbie

The reason why the gold colour is popular is because it shows everyone else that your phone is the 5S as oppose to the 5 or the mini 2 as oppose to the mini. Coupled with the fact that it is new and therefore different.

However, ultimately gold is the ugliest colour of the three. However I might even get a gold ipad 5 if they are available despite liking the space grey and silver colours better.

20. Locoboof thread starter macrumors 65816

Locoboof

LOL! So you'll get it just to distinguish your iPad 5 from other non iPad 5's? Gotta love gold! :D