Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

techlover828

macrumors 68020
Jun 28, 2007
Maine
apple hasn't said anything, it would be good for apple to allow downloads over 3g as steve jobs made such a big deal on how it was approaching wifi speeds.

rudolf

macrumors member
Jun 12, 2008
The keynote said that any apps less than 10MB could be downloaded over the cellphone connection. Maybe they will follow the same guidelines for other content?

MacsAttack

macrumors 6502a
Jul 2, 2006
Scotland
Given that they have placed a cap on the size of applications that can be downloaded without WiFi, that probably should give a few clues...

-M7-

macrumors member
Feb 14, 2006
I read somewhere that you can not download songs over 3G on the iPhone. Problem is that the carriers and the labels want premium for music downloaded with mobiles. (like 2.99 USD per song)

iDAG

macrumors 65816
Sep 9, 2007
Athens, Ohio
I read somewhere that you can not download songs over 3G on the iPhone. Problem is that the carriers and the labels want premium for music downloaded with mobiles. (like 2.99 USD per song)

I've heard the same thing. I think that it is stupid how they think we will pay more just to have the song then instead of waiting until we are in range of Wi-Fi. Once more iPhones are in consumers hands, then I think they would change their minds. I just can't see Apple bending to this price hike. :cool:

mark0429

macrumors newbie
Feb 11, 2006
would it be feasible for apple to allow "push" music syncing via mobile me?

download a song on your computer, then it goes through the cloud to your iphone.

philgilder

macrumors 68000
Sep 30, 2007
UK
would it be feasible for apple to allow "push" music syncing via mobile me?

download a song on your computer, then it goes through the cloud to your iphone.
fine for one song, of 3mb
but with an album of say 10 songs, thats 30mb, which for every user all the time would be too much for apple's servers - i doubt it!
also, thats not a feature of mobileme

pedroistheman

macrumors 6502
Sep 10, 2007
I believe 3g is compatable w/ downloading. after all, if you can dowload full applications via 3g, whats to stop you from downloading a few songs?

not sure if this hints at anything, but I did notice a different icon on the 3g pics for iTunes...maybe a hint towards being able to download anywhere?

iDAG

macrumors 65816
Sep 9, 2007
Athens, Ohio
I believe 3g is compatable w/ downloading. after all, if you can dowload full applications via 3g, whats to stop you from downloading a few songs?

not sure if this hints at anything, but I did notice a different icon on the 3g pics for iTunes...maybe a hint towards being able to download anywhere?

The apps that you speak of have to be 10MB or less to be downloaded on 3G. Also, the 3G icon on Apple's website is just to show that the iPhone now has 3G instead of EDGE.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.