Will the iPhone 6 be able to run a DS emulator

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by chriscrk, Jun 14, 2014.

1. chriscrk, Jun 14, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 14, 2014

chriscrk macrumors 6502a

chriscrk

Run a DS emulator well?
    I have Emu4iOS on my iPhone 5 and it's a bit laggy, the experience isn't good.

Based on the rumoured internals the iPhone 6 is meant to have, does anyone know if it should be capable of running the games at a normal speed??

2. Sicutz macrumors member

3. AngerDanger macrumors 68030

AngerDanger

I can confirm the post above mine. During WWDC '14, Tim Cook talked a lot about Nintendo emulation and plans for integrating it into every conceivable facet of iOS 8—in fact, they're rewriting iOS completely, once again, based on the proprietary firmware of the original DS. This was all brought up shortly before Craig got up on stage and started flying around, shooting beams of apple juice from his eyes.

4. chriscrk thread starter macrumors 6502a

chriscrk

Yay thanks.

----------

Fantastic.
    I've also heard that Apple actually bought Nintendo in secret, and they're already designing the next Nintendo console :)

I hope a 3DS emulator makes its way to the iPhone soon.

5. eelw macrumors 6502a

eelw

I wonder what Apple could do with Nintendo if they managed to make a partnership together?

6. pdjudd macrumors 601

I don’t think there is a 3ds emulator now - it would be impossible since Nintendo actively patches and enhances the system and as such emulators would have to hack it as well. It would have to come from Nintendo and they have no reason to do it anyhow.

7. pooleman Suspended

pooleman

If apple juice were coming out of his eyes I think the correct term would be.'streams', not 'beams'.

8. AngerDanger macrumors 68030

AngerDanger

If 'streams' was the apposite word, I would've used it. Craig is a real innovator, man, and was quite a sight to behold!

9. chriscrk thread starter macrumors 6502a

chriscrk

Yeah, I've read it's quite difficult to make a 3DS emulator even for computers, but I'm sure there are a couple already.

If they can make one for older consoles, I'm sure they can make one for the 3DS :D

10. Mr_Brightside_@ macrumors 68020

Mr_Brightside_@

Ok now I realize you were joking all along.