Will the iPhone 7 have the same screen resolution of the 4.7 iPhone 6 ?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by DBZmusicboy01, Jun 1, 2016.

1. DBZmusicboy01 macrumors 6502a

I can't believe it that Apple would still use the same in the year 2016 when many phones have at least 2K display.
    I am hoping they would put a 1080 screen on the 4.7 iPhone 7
    Even if it's LCD at least it's a big jump with improved contrasts and such.

2. Andres Cantu macrumors 68030

Andres Cantu

Hoping for the same, but since they're rumored to jump to a three-year upgrade cycle rather than two-years, I wouldn't count on it. Display changes always happen in the "numbered" cycles, so I guess it all depends whether or not this year's iPhone will be the 7 or a 6ss of sorts.

Boy, a three-year cycle would surely ruin the naming scheme!

3. C DM macrumors Westmere

Why not use an existing thread that is already discussing the topic: http://forums.macrumors.com/threads/iphone-7-display-resolution.1974146/

4. cynics macrumors G4

With rumors of OLED for the 2017 iPhone I wouldn't expect too much as far as resolution goes for the iPhone 7.

Personally at 4.7" I feel it's fine. The 4.7" model has a higher PPI than all the full size iPad models and the same as the retina iPad mini models. Higher than all the retina Mac models including 5k.

Honestly with the competition devices showing the hit on battery life and GPUs thermal throttling because they are as hot as the surface of the sun I'm surprised people would even want ultra hd on anything less than a 5.5"+ screen device in 2016.