Will the iPhone bluetooth headset work with my Macbook as well?

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by fstfrwrd, Aug 20, 2008.

1. fstfrwrd macrumors regular

[​IMG]

Will this one work with my Macbook as well?
    If that's the case, I'm definitely buying one. It'll be great using this along with Skype.

And if not, any alternatives that DO work?

2. BigHungry04 macrumors 6502

If the iPhone and the MB use the same version of Bluetooth, then it should work. However the only way to know is to try it. Also don't know if Skype would support bluetooth, I don't use Skype.

3. SnowLeopard2008 macrumors 604

SnowLeopard2008

I use skype, but even I'm not sure if skype uses bluetooth. you could always try, and if it doesn't work just return it. or maybe when ur at the store, you could the reps there, skype is usually for business people, so the sales reps might know about it.

4. BigHungry04 macrumors 6502

My experience with sales reps is that they will tell you whatever they can to get you to buy their product. This Circuit City salesperson tried telling me that only Monster HDMI cables can do 1080p. I bought the cheaper one and hey, guess what, I'm watching Blu-ray movies on my PS3 in 1080p.

5. iToaster macrumors 68000

iToaster

Yes, it will work with any Mac with bluetooth. Though I must warn you that the audio quality over bluetooth is pretty bad on the iPhone headset compared to others.

6. hooly macrumors regular

hooly

my experiences with pairing my MBP with an iphoe bluetooth headset were not good. Connection was intolerably poor/crackly.

Google searching revealed bluetooth headset issues in general with mac computers... Something I am hoping will improve :)

Edit: for example