Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Slicey

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 24, 2011
I have an iPhone on baseband 04.10.01 and firmware 4.3.1... Will it ever get unlocked? looks like all hope is lost :(

Any possibility at all? I also heard Gevey sim doesn't work on this baseband+firmware, can anyone confirm? thank you.

Also is there any way of finding out if an iPhone is blacklisted? thanks.

heisenberg123

macrumors 603
Oct 31, 2010
Hamilton, Ontario
I have an iPhone on baseband 04.10.01 and firmware 4.3.1... Will it ever get unlocked? looks like all hope is lost :(

Any possibility at all? I also heard Gevey sim doesn't work on this baseband+firmware, can anyone confirm? thank you.

Also is there any way of finding out if an iPhone is blacklisted? thanks.

its hard to say, im sure devs havnt stopped looking for ways to unlock basebands that are currently not unlockable but to ask if or when is only a guess

labman

macrumors 604
Jun 9, 2009
Mich near Detroit
really other then people like comex musclenerd notcom etc. nobody knows. honestly there is less reason for it. since countries now sell or allow unlocked iphones after the contract period. even in the US you can buy it unlocked you just have to pay full retail.

Epic Orange

macrumors member
Jun 7, 2011
Element X
I dont know, why wouldnt be?
Is it illegal to hardware carrier unlock your device?
Not 100% sure.

According to MusicNerd, it is illegal: http://www.iphonedownloadblog.com/2...rms-the-gevey-sim-iphone-4-unlock-is-illegal/

However, if your not even connecting the call while pressing 112 (your suppose to call them for 2 seconds and disconnect, before you actually do), how could it be illegal. This company who makes the gevey sim really has to clarify on the legality of it. At least the gevey sim comes with an FAQ: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eh7r2BfTtCI

-aggie-

macrumors P6
Jun 19, 2009
Where bunnies are welcome.
I dont know, why wouldnt be?
Is it illegal to hardware carrier unlock your device?
Not 100% sure.

According to MusicNerd, it is illegal: http://www.iphonedownloadblog.com/2...rms-the-gevey-sim-iphone-4-unlock-is-illegal/

However, if your not even connecting the call while pressing 112 (your suppose to call them for 2 seconds and disconnect, before you actually do), how could it be illegal. This company who makes the gevey sim really has to clarify on the legality of it. At least the gevey sim comes with an FAQ: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eh7r2BfTtCI

Even calling it keeps someone from calling in, I would think. If it doesn't affect people calling for an emergency, then it's no big deal. I really don't know.

Anyway, I asked the question, because MN said it was illegal, since it would affect emergency calls, and that definitely is worse than any pirating talk, which MR has a big problem with.

Applejuiced

macrumors Westmere
Apr 16, 2008
At the iPhone hacks section.
Even calling it keeps someone from calling in, I would think. If it doesn't affect people calling for an emergency, then it's no big deal. I really don't know.

Anyway, I asked the question, since MN said it was illegal, since it would affect emergency calls, and that definitely is worse than any pirating talk, which MR has a big problem with.

I havent used it myself but I heard that the call doesnt even have to connect or ring.
You can just hang up before that and let the turbo sim do its unlock hack.
But either way, I dont think its a big deal.

hackthatphone

macrumors 68000
Jul 28, 2010
I have a factory unlocked iphone 4 direct from the apple usa store. Go buy one and stop whining already. You have options. Don't like them? Then buy another phone and stop making these posts.

What a surprise, a newbie started this thread.

Block

macrumors 6502a
Jun 28, 2007
I thought the newest Gevey doesn't require you to dial 112, and so is legal?

labman

macrumors 604
Jun 9, 2009
Mich near Detroit
I thought the newest Gevey doesn't require you to dial 112, and so is perfectly legal?

incorrect still have to dial 112 just not as often they say once. however it's more of a grey area then anything else. I have only heard it might be illegal. I haven't heard of any county banning it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.