Will the IPhone go on sale on apple.com on the 29th?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by JSmoove05, Jun 20, 2007.

1. JSmoove05 macrumors 6502

Im curious to know if they will be selling them on apple.com because theres no way im waisting my entire day to stand on line with a bunch of horny iphone addicts. I want the phone but not to stand on line 5 hours +. Does anyone know thanks.

2. JNB macrumors 604

JNB

I'm sure it will be available online at store.apple.com no later than the 29th. Shipping & delivery, though, who knows.

Me, I'd love to have it available for order online prior to that, with delivery on the 29th...

3. JSmoove05 thread starter macrumors 6502

Ok my question is if apple.com does indeed have it for sale. How is this gonna work since you have too have a 2 year contract with att. I hope they do cause like I said no way im standing in line with people screaming and going nuts for 5 hours++. Its going to be mayhem in those stores im already hurting paying the 500+ yet alone the craze that will be in the store.

4. Flowbee macrumors 68030

Flowbee

Same way Amazon.com does it?

5. JSmoove05 thread starter macrumors 6502

Im sorry how does amazon do it??? and do you think Amazon.com will have them for sale lol.

6. JNB macrumors 604

JNB

Purchase online, wait 2 days to three weeks to receive phone (no one knows yet), after the phone arrives call AT&T or visit AT&T store to activate and establish contract. Easy peasy.

7. Flowbee macrumors 68030

Flowbee

Choose a phone/carrier, choose a calling plan. When the box arrives, charge your phone, turn it on, and it's ready to go.

8. JSmoove05 thread starter macrumors 6502

So if you order from apple.com you think the wait to get the phone will be anywhere from 2 days to 3 weeks that sounds way too long. I know your just speculating but im hoping its way sooner then that.

9. marksman macrumors 603

marksman

I am hoping it is available online at launch and you can get it in a few days.

Some of the rumors, however, are saying there will be no online sales initially and won't come until almost a month after launch.

All so speculative now. Count me among those who are not likely to camp out or wait in line.

10. lilnyc macrumors 6502a

lilnyc

They said it won't be available on AT&T's online site for a month after launch, but that it will be available on Apple's site on the 29th.

I may TRY to go in person, but in a way I just want to go straight online and order. I wouldn't doubt a long 2-3 week wait via the mail.

11. iPhonePlaya macrumors regular

i think im just going to buy it online on the 29th because i really think the apple stores and at&t stores will be crazy and if you order one online atleast you will for sure get one even if it takes another 3 weeks we've waited this long sure its not as good as going to the store launch day and having it in your hands lol but atleast u wont have to brave the madness if u purchase online

i will be at my computer waiting untill 6 o'clock and maybe i'll pay the extra for overnight shipping and get it faster ;)

or i mite go up to the mall really fast around 5 that day and if theres a line lol i'll run home to my computer