Will the Keynote be televised?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by flybub, Sep 27, 2011.

1. flybub macrumors regular

Hey everyone. Just curious if the rumored upcoming Keynote will be televised? I don't know how these work since I've never seen one (next iPhone will be my 1st). I'm sure I will be at work and won't be able to see it and would DVR it if it will be on TV. If not I'm sure someone will throw it on Youtube. Thanks for any input.

2. msb3079 macrumors 6502a

msb3079

3. DeusInvictus7 macrumors 68020

Lol don't lie and get his hopes up.

OP, Apple normally records their keynotes themselves and posts it online and on their podcast channel a couple hours after the keynote.

4. imahawki macrumors 6502a

5. ArtOfWarfare macrumors 604

ArtOfWarfare

Also, Apple has streamed their keynote online live at least once before. The stream was available via any iOS device, Mac, or PC that was running Safari.

I watched the live stream from my iPhone it muted while I was in band at school, I just had it sitting on my stand and the conductor never noticed xD

The time that they streamed, the recorded video was available online almost immediately after the keynote ended.

Also... there will likely be a spoiler free thread on the website somewhere if you're interested... it will block out all the news that happens during the keynote until Void's (or did some other forum member make it? I forget...) keynote checking script detects that the keynote video has been uploaded, at which point it'll give you a link straight to the video so you can watch it without knowing what will be revealed in advance. It makes it more fun and exciting to watch, at least in my opinion.

6. Rivix macrumors 6502a

Rivix

LOL what?!

It might be streamed online, but Apple has never done it themselves or allowed others to do it.

7. flybub thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks for the info everyone. Much appreciated.

8. RafaelT macrumors 65816

RafaelT

I'm not expecting it to be streamed officially, but like others have said Apple has done it once before. Also there is usually one or two unofficial streams going on that everyone goes bananas over. Just keep an eye on the forum during the keynote time.

9. OMGbrandon macrumors 6502

OMGbrandon

10. mrockm01 macrumors regular

mrockm01

I did that once before when it was muted in class and almost yelled in excitement when I saw this come up.

I HOPE it is streamed on apple.com so we can all watch it live, but either way it will be online in a couple hours

Attached Files:

11. jacollins macrumors 6502a

They did it at least once before. Was nice getting an official stream. They haven't done it since.

12. Michaelgtrusa macrumors 604

Michaelgtrusa

Always.

13. al256 macrumors 6502a

al256

It's been years since I've seen an Apple keynote on TV. I used to be able to watch it on C Band satellite. Something like Telestar 5, channel 5.

I had to sign up as some sort press organization to get the email with the channel listing. But it was nice though. :)