Will the Logitech Tablet Keyboard for iPad work with the Mac Mini?

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by lsquare, Dec 5, 2011.

1. lsquare macrumors 6502

http://www.logitech.com/en-us/1200/8214

I'm thinking of buying this keyboard for my iPad 2. However, I won't be using this with my iPad all the time so I can't quite justify the expense for this keyboard. I also intend to get a Mac Mini to use as a HTPC. Will this keyboard work with it including the function keys? If so, then I'll get a lot more out of the keyboard.

2. tguilliams macrumors member

It's bluetooth so it should, in theory, work with any device with bluetooth. You may have to re-pair it between devices each time but other than that, everything should work functionally the same.

3. lsquare thread starter macrumors 6502

I think there are some Mac specific keys so I just want to confirm that it'll work with the Mac OS.

4. pat park macrumors 6502a

according to the reviews on the Logitech page, one user claimed it did work with their MacBook Pro.

5. lsquare thread starter macrumors 6502

Did the Mac specific keys work though?

6. pinchy macrumors newbie

Yes, but there's no escape key - there's a home key in its spot. I'm sort of in the same camp you are. Can you re-map it?

And if you dual boot, can you get the home key to be an escape key in Win7?

7. lsquare thread starter macrumors 6502

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A405 Safari/7534.48.3)

I'm not sure. Do you have the keyboard? Can you rest it out?

8. sujkha macrumors newbie

I've liked that keyboard so much that I also wanted to use it with my computer, but I primarily use windows 7. But there is a lot of problems you mentioned, no functional ( F1, F2, F5 etc ) keys, no escape key, no delete key.
    After doing some research I came up with a solution and wrote a guide with screenshots and such :
    http://alsoko.net/logitech-tablet-keyboard-for-ipad-key-remapping/

If you are using osX you can try using TextExpander, Controllermate, keyboardmaestro or ironAHK as a mac alternative for AutoHotkey
    enjoy!

9. LancashireArrow macrumors newbie

LancashireArrow

I can confirm this works well with a Macbook Pro. There are no function keys, as mentioned, but there is Esc - you just press fn-Home.

I don't particularly use the F-keys so for me it is perfect.