Will the logitech wireless touchpad work in OS X?

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by Sandman77, Oct 14, 2013.

1. Sandman77 macrumors newbie

This seemed like a great deal so I hit the buy button before doing enough research. Does anybody know if the logitech wireless touchpad (original model) will work with a Mac mini?

It is this one
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B005O8D4JC

I got it for £12 delivered from amazon and can return it if it doesn't work but I am hoping it does.

2. Sandman77 thread starter macrumors newbie

Quick update.

The touchpad arrived today and works on the Mac mini straight out the box. I am having an issue with the wireless range though. It works perfectly when I am very close to the mac but dererietes as I move further away. It doesn't work at all from my couch which is only about 3 metres away from the mac. Is is to be expected? Is it because the USB wireless receiver is plugged into the rear of the Mac mini? If so would using a USB extension help (giving me line of sight between touchpad and reciever)?

3. Sandman77 thread starter macrumors newbie

Ever feel like you are talking to yourself? Anyway I found the range issue. It has nothing to do with the wireless receiver being plugged into the rear of the mac but everything to do with interference from nearby usb 3.0 devices.
    If I unplug my usb3 external hd the touchpad works perfectly. I am now on the lookout for a longer cable for my wd hdd so I can position it out f the way.

4. grayskyz macrumors regular

grayskyz

That's good! I'm glad you found your own solution. I've been thinking about this combo for my mac mini. http://goo.gl/SqNHQ

C/

5. silvetti macrumors 6502a

silvetti

Make sure the two devices are connected to opposite USB ports.

I remember on my Early 2009 Mac Mini, some ports shared some internal components which meant I could not have two external hard drives connected to those ports, or a webcam and a hard drive for the matter, I had to plan what to connect to where :D

Connect your devices and check in the About my Mac (more info, etc...)

6. John Kotches macrumors 6502

The Mac specific Bluetooth trackpad works very well.

I have not tried the RF version.