Will the Mac + free iPod deal end when the next generation iPod comes out?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by aohara345, Jul 5, 2007.

1. aohara345 macrumors newbie

I am going to buy a MacBook and want to get the free iPod, but I was wondering if they will end that deal when the next generation iPod comes out. Or, can I wait until the new iPods come out and get one of those free? If anyone has any ideas, it would be much appreciated.

2. adrake86 macrumors regular

I am not sure but it seems every year about this time well at least the last 2 years they have done this promotion. There will always be a new ipod coming out.....you can't deny that.

3. zioxide macrumors 603

zioxide

The deal is going to end on September 16th. I'm guessing because of this, we won't see new iPods until after this date.

4. pjgeer macrumors member

This won't happen as the rebate coupon lists the models of ipods included in the promo. And only current stock and personalized version of the current stock are included. So any new models would not be viable for the rebate.

yes, the last two years the new(ish) models have been annouced the last week of the promo, making it a pain in the rear for us to sell the promo as customers usually think they can get the new model and get mad when we tell them that it is not possible.:rolleyes:
    Pj