Will the MacBook Pro be updated during WWDC 2016?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by saintforlife, Apr 22, 2016.

1. saintforlife macrumors 6502a

What are the chances the MBP gets a much needed refresh/update during this year's WWDC? Could it get thinner and lighter and faster all at the same time?

2. redheeler macrumors 603

redheeler

The lack of an update at the same time the MacBooks were updated definitely makes it a possibility. WWDC 2012 was the last time a 15" MacBook Pro redesign was shown.

3. Three141 macrumors 6502

Three141

I think there is a high possibility a redesigned MBP will be announced at WWDC, on the basis they silently updated the Macbook and gave the Air a ram upgrade but left the pros out.

I expect it to be slimmer and more powerful but I don't think it will be fan-less like the Macbook.

4. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

People are hoping that will be the case. It would really be nice to see some updates to the enclosure. I expect TB3, and USB-C, a thinner case and the same keyboard mechanism that's in the MacBook.

5. Howard2k macrumors 6502a

Howard2k

I think it's pretty certain. At the very least a 14" MacBook, if not a Pro. But I anticipate a Pro refresh since I just bought one last week.

6. emilioestevez Suspended

emilioestevez

No leaks of redesigned MBP, no redesigned MBP.

7. Fattytail macrumors 6502a

Maybe, maybe not. Manufacturing volumes for MBP is way less than iPhones or iPads. Easier to keep under wraps. MBP leaks also fetch less money - just fewer people care. Entirely possible that there are changes which won't be announced immediately.