Will the Macbook strain my eyes?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by Mjmar, Jun 12, 2008.

1. Mjmar macrumors 65816

Currently I am using my sisters Dell Latitude D620, and the resolution is 1440 x 900 for a 14.1" screen. I find the text and images on it to be way too small, and I strain to see it. I want to purchase a Macbook, but I'm not sure if it will strain my eyes or not... Does anybody have personal experience with the Macbook's resolution? Also, are the text and images the same size on the Macbook Pro as the Macbook? All advice is appreciated.:)

2. neiltc13 macrumors 68040

neiltc13

I suffer no eye strain with my MacBook. Remember, it's 1280x800 on 13.3 inches.

3. tsice19 macrumors 6502a

tsice19

No, you'll be fine. The MacBook line of computers actually have some of the best screens compared to other laptops.

4. athenaesword macrumors newbie

if res is too small can't u just lower it?

5. surferfromuk macrumors 65816

I'd get to an Apple store or just politely ask the next Macbook user you see sat at a table somewhere if you could just have a look at their screen...it's a very subjective thing.

I know I had a Dell 17" running at 1600Xwhatever and I couldn't see a bloody thing on it - running at a lower res made everything look wierd..

and yet, my macbook and my macbook pro (15") are great and I don't have any such difficulty - it's very odd..I don't think the jaggedy edges on PC fonts helps matters...

6. Mjmar thread starter macrumors 65816

I went to best buy, and the screen on the Macbook didn't strain my eyes at all. I also saw the Macbook Pro, and now I'm back in my dilemma. I like the Macbook, and i love the MBP. I would rather have the Pro, but I would be happy with the Macbook also. Since I don't need the power, it would be more logical to purchase the Macbook, I guess...

7. surferfromuk macrumors 65816

You'll enjoy both - you only really need the MBP if your going to be doing something that demands serious heavy duty graphics or you seriously have the extra money and desire the extra goodness.

In ordinary use there is little perceptible performance difference between them

8. Mjmar thread starter macrumors 65816

Yeah, I'm thinking that it's a better idea to go with the macbook since I'm still in school, and I only work in the summer... Thanks for the reply.:)