Will the Magic Trackpad work on a PowerMac G5 on Leopard

Discussion in 'PowerPC Macs' started by dustinschings, Apr 28, 2017.

1. dustinschings macrumors 6502

dustinschings

I have a Early 2005 Dual 2GHz CPU model, maxed RAM to 4GB, upgraded to an SSD and a 500GB HDD, and just installed my new GeForce 6800 ULTRA 256MB model. I was looking to get the Bluetooth card to install so I can put my Apple bluetooth keyboard and Magic Trackpad to use. Will both of those work on this machine?

2. eyoungren macrumors P6

eyoungren

Yes. You just don't get all the features. Just the basic functionality.

3. dustinschings thread starter macrumors 6502

dustinschings

Great! I know I need the antenna that plugs into the back, but what exact model BT card do I need? There seem to be several ones. I have an Early 2005 model with dual 2.0GHz G5s.

4. amagichnich macrumors 6502

amagichnich

I wonder why there is no custom kext for that :confused: the hackintosh community has kexts for nearly everything but the magic trackpad

5. eyoungren macrumors P6

eyoungren

I'm not sure what part that is.

But if it proves difficult to find, Belkin makes a couple models of USB BT adapters. They are excellent and gave my old Quicksilver Bluetooth capability,

In fact, I am still using the adapter with my G5 Quad as there seems to be some sort of interference that makes the stock BT lad a bit.

6. dustinschings thread starter macrumors 6502

dustinschings

I remember seeing a ~$11 (on sale I believe) Wifi/BT adapter on here but I cannot seem to find it again.