Will the MBP 15" MD322 (6770GT) Play Windows Games with Bootcamp?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by aircanman, Nov 11, 2011.

1. aircanman macrumors 6502

I am thinking of getting one of these bad boys but really its for the graphics card, it is a lot of money and want to put a windows partition on it purely so I can play call of duty MW3 on it, will it run???

Any experience from someone out there?

2. shardey macrumors 6502a

shardey

First off its not a 6770gt.

It will run MW3, as my 17" with the 6750m can run BF3 at native resolutions, medium settings at 30fps+ on a 64 player conquest.

Also you need to check out how to remove the old graphics drivers to install the new Catalyst drivers when you are ready to do this.

3. snaky69 macrumors 603

Gaming on a laptop is not the best idea ever. Gaming on a mac laptop, well...

It should run, but don't expect miracles.

4. MrBullet macrumors member

If you are going to spend the amount you are looking to purely for gaming then you are wasting your money.

Yes it will be able to play MW3 on Bootcamp but you could build a monster gaming rig with your budget. I recommend building your own, of if you like gaming on a laptop, looking at the Alien Ware range of gaming laptops as they are designed for this purpose.

5. Debaucep macrumors newbie

that is true!
    But I have got this Mac, but dont know about MW3, but BF3 runs ok with medium settings and native resolution (we are talking on 15 laptop).

6. Sace macrumors member

I have an early 2011 with the 6750M. I runs MW3 at native res with no probs (most settings at high). It even runs it quite well on my 24" LED Cinema (1920x1200).