Will the MBP aluminum color fade to usage?

Discussion in 'Mac Pro' started by hrv888, Nov 2, 2009.

1. hrv888 macrumors regular

Will the space beside the track pad fade due to sweaty palms for the MBP? anybody has had an experience? how do you protect it from sweaty palms?

2. thegoldenmackid macrumors 604

thegoldenmackid

Chipping is the more common problem. Moshii makes a protector that goes over the aluminum to protect it.

3. uberamd macrumors 68030

uberamd

I have the Moshi palmguard (which protects palm area and trackpad) as well as the Moshi keyguard on my laptop to prevent any wear or discoloration. However the aluminum does seem to stand up to wrist wear quite well. One thing that concerns me (and thus buying the palm guard) is wearing a watch while using a laptop, as that can scratch the palm area to bits.

Bundle in the fact that I sell my laptop every 1-2 years, I keep it in good shape by using these covers, ups the resale value. So it depends on what you have in mind, if you want to sell in the future they can be a good investment against potential damage, however the aluminum does hold up very well to wrist wear. We just got a 3 year old MacBook Pro from a faculty member here at work and the wrist area is still perfectly normal.