Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ThisIsMe

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 10, 2012
Amsterdam
I was wondering if the new 2012 iMacs will hit stores in may along with the new macbook pro? Looking forward to everyones thoughts.

forty2j

macrumors 68030
Jul 11, 2008
NJ
Feel free to join us in one of the other threads on this topic... but, May seems to be about 50/50. It feels right in relation to component availability, but there are supply chain rumors that point to June or even July.

lifeguard90

macrumors 6502a
Aug 25, 2010
Chicago
I think the latest iMacs will come will be at WWDC, July is too far off. I think if the notebooks will be staggered in release due to i3 coming in June, iMacs will come first. OR soon after 15".

Next week wednesday am will have answers of some degree because ivy bridge will have been announced, apple had their financial call tuesday & tues/wed are usual update days.

Also, once wwdc invite comes, we can tell if it will be all software or not most likely

Sgt. ButtKiss

macrumors member
Apr 11, 2012
Im going out on a limb and assuming the WWDC will include the iMac update. With Intel delays on certain mobile/portable ends, the guaranteed desktop Ivy Bridge release denotes the iMac will come before the Macbook release... in my opinion.

Plus a ML and iMac paired release would be a very elegant, sensible way to go about it. Even if it was ML paired with the MacBook lines, a new operating system "optimized" for the new iMac/MacBook would be a great selling point for prospective buyers. Keep in mind, the more features you pack on to a new product, regardless if they are upgradeable or not, increases the value proposition for any consumer, even though it may not technically result in a financial advantage.

Its all a psych game, and I think Apple will really try to wow the market, especially since there has been such public disappointment among recent releases. But thats a whole new issue, and I personally think consumers are getting unreasonably greedy with their expectations :p

Icaras

macrumors 603
Mar 18, 2008
May 2nd will officially mark the one year anniversary since the last iMac refresh. Will it be then?

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.