Will the new design eliminate the sharp bezel edge issues?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by deimos256, Jun 19, 2010.

1. deimos256 macrumors 6502a

With this new design for the iPhone, there is no more chrome bezel around the screen, I cant really tell from pictures how the glass is sandwiched within the steel band, but I know I'm hoping this eliminates the issue where the screen would sit below the bezel, revealing its sharp edge. Being someone who had their 3g swapped for this reason, some may think I'm nitpicking, but has this crossed anyone else's mind when seeing this new design?

2. hefeglass macrumors 6502a

Considering it's a very very VERY rare problem with the current design...I doubt they even considered it.

I've seen hundreds of iPhone (reseller and repair) but only 2 units like that. Most people i guess bring them back to the store right away when it's like that..so they don't get out into the world often.

3. deimos256 thread starter macrumors 6502a

well when i went to the apple store to get mine swapped i decided to go and feel all the display units to make sure I wasnt crazy, and sure enough most of them had recessed screens, nothing severe, but doing inspection in a machine shop unfortunately has made me a horrible stickler.

4. DaGreat01 macrumors 6502a

DaGreat01

Well judging from this picture (click to make larger)and many more in the gallery, it doesn't seem like there would be anything that could even be sharp in the new design. So im going to say, no, you should ever have that problem.

Attached Files:

5. twitchtwice macrumors member

yes, and it looks like it wont be as easy to scratch anymore.