Will The New iPod Touch Support All Current Apps With Retina Support?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by iTouch.lover22, Sep 4, 2010.

1. iTouch.lover22 macrumors regular

Hey everyone, I'm wondering whether the new ipod touch running iOS 4.1 will be able to automatically run current apps that have retina support for the iPhone 4. Will these apps automatically run with the retina support when they're loaded on with the current app version, or will there need to be app updates before the retina support works? Thanks!

2. pimjai macrumors newbie

it has the same display and processor as the iphone4, so apps that work on the iphone, wil also work on te ipod.

3. iTouch.lover22 thread starter macrumors regular

Yes I know they're the same hardware, but want to know whether it'll automatically detect the retina screen on the touch, because currently the apps out now only have retina support made for the iPhone.

4. Biker macrumors regular

5. ChrisGonzales90 macrumors 6502a

ChrisGonzales90

As well as the touch. As far as I know there are not that many iPhone specific apps. many of the apps will also work on the touch so if you have a iPhone app and download it to the touch it will work since it also uses iOS

6. joe1946 macrumors regular

I think now that both the iPhone 4 and iPod Touch have the same Retina display there will be thousands of apps upgraded to that spec.