Will the new Macbook be available to preview before release in store?

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by evrard, Mar 11, 2015.

1. evrard macrumors regular

evrard

2. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

3. evrard thread starter macrumors regular

evrard

4. shenan1982 macrumors 68040

shenan1982

Wonder if they'll make it available for pre-order in advance to deliver on the release day, or if it won't be available for order until that day. Also, wonder how in-store pickup will work, if it'll go live the night before like some products in the past. So many questions they left to the imagination, hehe

5. PDFierro macrumors 68040

I hope we can pre-order, because I want to BTO the processor. But it's looking like Apple might not open orders up until April 10th

6. shenan1982 macrumors 68040

shenan1982

Hmm, that's so strange, you'd think it'd be in their best interest to take pre-orders, keep those who know what they want out of the stores and have them delivered, so those people in the stores can dedicate their time to providing Apple Customer Service to those new to the brand, or who need the extra time. I try to avoid the store at all costs, but with iPhone 6\6+ launch, they forced me to because the only way I was able to get one was store pickup... I'm fairly sure every previous Mac launch they've taken orders a couple days before though.

7. PDFierro macrumors 68040

Hopefully they do that, even if it's just a few days before. I have to order online regardless. Also, the Watch pre-orders also open up on April 10th. Maybe Apple just wants to launch both at the same time, but it doesn't really make sense to hold MacBook pre-orders back.

8. shenan1982 macrumors 68040

shenan1982

Agreed... hopefully since they have a month jump start supplies won't be an issue. But given all the naysayers on here whining about every minute detail of the new laptop, I think I'm the only one interested in buying it. LOL LOL LOL!