Will the new Pro use the MacBook keyboard?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Sensamic, Sep 12, 2016.

1. Sensamic macrumors 68030

I hope it doesn't. I can't adapt to it, but since they are making the design slimmer and thinner with USB-C then maybe they'll use the new MacBook keyboard too, or maybe it's just for the MacBook.

Any ideas?

2. andreyush macrumors 6502

andreyush

I hope not too. And I hope they won't give up on magsafe or the bright logo because I will buy a 2015 macbook pro and that's it for me :).

3. Spudlicious macrumors 6502

Spudlicious

The current rMBP keyboard, while not rivalling Thinkpad IMHO, is OK, magsafe is great, and dropping the glowing Apple logo (as seen in a zillion films and TV shows) would be an act of foolish self-harm for the company. So all three changes seem sure to happen.

4. Eggtastic macrumors 6502a

Eggtastic

The rMB keyboard is not as bad as people make it out to be. You have to get used to it, but I can't speak for everyone obviously. I used it for 10 minutes in a best buy a while ago and typed any words that came to mind on a word document to see the results.

As time progressed I did get better. It is sleeker and the keys are bigger which is nice. Since it is a "pro" I would assume apple will be sure to please the Pro crowd and from what I gather a lot of pros are more worried about adapting rather than giving it a shot for the long term.

I for one am anxiously awaiting the rMBP to be released. I almost pulled the trigger for a rMB which actually is more than I need. However I am beginning to take up light photo work as a hobby and am currently using the 11" mba which at times is tough with the screen real estate. It would be nice for a thin 15" rMBP to use, along with the supposed OLED bar, and my personal request: bezels as small or close to small as the new Dell XPS line.

I can wait, I hate it, but I can wait, and if the rMBP doesn't impress I can always hope for a price drop on the rMB's and use the extra cash to buy an external monitor to pair it up.

As for the keyboard, I enjoyed it very much.