Will the new White Macbook 2.16 work well with Final Cut Express

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by TheBunnellFarm, May 28, 2009.

1. TheBunnellFarm macrumors regular

Also will this computer with 4 gigs work good with GarageBand as a recording studio computer.

I would like it to run Final Cut Express shooting SD standard definition and Garageband to the max.

Will it do this?

2. Skeletal-dæmon macrumors 6502

Yes, it will run Final Cut Express fantastically with that configuration. The render times will never be as impressive as those of a MBP, but nonetheless it will be speedy and responsive.

GarageBand, even during heavy use, will function perfectly on anything other than the original Intel Mac Mini.

Hey, guess which generation of Mac Mini I bought when it first came out? :rolleyes:

Heh but no in all seriousness, the configuration you're describing will run both apps perfectly well, even (dare I say) at the same time*

*not in any way guaranteed by myself. This depends entirely on what other apps you are running at the time, how well charged your battery is, what power settings you use, what hardware you are using to shoot video and record sound, and other factors. Refer to operators manual for exact specifications and requirements.

3. TheBunnellFarm thread starter macrumors regular

Guess who bought a 2.5 dual water cooled G5 Power Mac when it first came out and six months later they went Intel:D

Thanks, it sounds like it will eat both of these applications up with my pretty basic film and sound stuff. That's what I wanted, full funchion on this lower end stuff.

4. Skeletal-dæmon macrumors 6502

Ooh ouch. Still, the PMG5 is a lovely machine, I've used them in the editing rooms at GTV and they're slick as ... something thats more graceful than oil because comparing aluminium to oil doesnt work :D