Will the next gen macbook make this gen more affordable?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Harinoorvirk28, Jul 23, 2014.

1. Harinoorvirk28 macrumors member

Hey guys,I'm on the lookout for a MacBook Pro refurbhised and have a budget of 1700 and I want dedicated graphics.so the only one that I can afford right now is the early feb 2013 , will I be able to get the 750m model for the same price when the next generation comes out? Thanks for all your replies :)

2. Sifinity macrumors 6502

Sifinity

well it seems the 750m will be in the next refresh also , so im 90% sure that price won't go down from $2599 to $1700 for a refurbished version , you may have better luck on ebay , or unless you wait till broadwell then maybe

3. sdimas macrumors member

Are you sure you need dedicated graphics? I got that model and use gfxcardstatus to set it to use the integrated gpu only. I can play border land on full settings with no lag.
    I don't think I would've missed it too much of I bought the base 15" either.. But I'm very happy and will not exchange it :p

4. brdeveloper macrumors 68020

brdeveloper

I think you could find something 2nd-hand from someone who forgot buying Apple Care within the 1-year window. I wouldn't pay more than $1700 for and out-of-warranty high end rMBP.

On the other hand, the prices drop when newer models come. It's not admitted publicly by Apple, but in Brazil I can find good deals (up to -30%) at authorized retailers when a new model come.