iPad mini Will the next iPad mini have Touch ID?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by saintforlife, Sep 11, 2013.

1. saintforlife macrumors 6502a

Or will it be reserved to the full size iPad only? Do you think Apple will market the iPad mini as lower end like the iPhone 5C and pack the full size iPad with more features like the iPhone 5S?

2. taptic macrumors 65816

taptic

If they add it to the full sized iPad I'm pretty positive they will add it to the iPad mini.

3. gauspad216 macrumors newbie

Definately Touch ID on iPad mini

Home Button conspicuously missing....

Attached Files:

4. smoking monkey macrumors 65816

smoking monkey

I would imagine and hope they have it on the next gen ipads because I really don't buy apps for my iphone, but I do for my ipad.

5. igazza macrumors 6502a

igazza

I think it will be in all new products from now on :)

6. b166er macrumors 68020

b166er

I'd like to see the mini get what it deserves this year. I'm hoping for all the candy the 5S got in the mini. Retina, processor, Touch ID, etc. I didn't go for the original mini because I felt it was low on specs and I had an iPad 2 already.

I understand Apple maybe was just testing the waters to see if they could even sell a smaller tablet. Now that the numbers look good, I hope they release a mini that's at least on par with their latest phone.

7. Patriot24 macrumors 68030

Patriot24

If they are adding retina to this year's revision of the Mini, I doubt they will have the ability to also include TouchID without increasing the price of the device.

Also, it makes sense for them to leave off the TouchID sensor to differentiate the lines (think 5s/5c).

8. ElectronGuru macrumors 65816

They undoubtedly can add it, the question of [when] will they do, depends how it is positioned. The best iPhone is a flagship device. The retina iPad is a flagship device. If the iPad Mini 2 is a flagship device, it will get ID out of the gate. If it is a second tier device, it will not.

The mini has only been out for a year, so our only indication is price. They can make it a flagship device, if they are willing to raise the price to do so.

9. VanillaCracker macrumors 68020

VanillaCracker

They won't add it because it is a component that is already in short supply for the 5S. If they do plan to add them, they'll likely do it next year, not this. And I would assume both iPad's would get it (or the retina products - if they continue with that trend).