will the next iphone have better upload speed?? (not capped at 384kbps)

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by big samm, May 2, 2010.

1. big samm macrumors 65816

we all know that the upload speed on the iphone is cap at 384kbps (network not wifi) witch is real sad and real slow too... i remember the 2gen and the 3G we didn't have mms or video and the camera was low res so upload speed wasn't a big concern( a pain when tethering) then they introduce the 3Gs for speed with mms video better camera faster processor and bla bla bla... but always kept the upload speed a secret....
    yes they told us it was using the hspa+ 7.2mbps protocol but never told us that upload speed were caped at 384kbbs... a see people with android phones with upload speed up to 1.7mbps witch is decent for uploading large pictures and videos on the go... its almost certain the next iphone will have a better camera witch means bigger videos and picture files. So i really hope (they must) use the new HSDPA HSUPA chips on the next iphone...

so what do guys think? aren't tired of waiting to get home to upload or wait a eternity to wait for it to upload? me im sick and tired of it!!

2. SpaceKitty macrumors 68040

SpaceKitty

This is up to AT&T to change and not the iPhone or Apple. Upload speeds are always lower on any network than download speeds.

3. jraybo macrumors newbie

The above posting is wrong no matter which network operator you are on, both the network operator and the device must support HSUPA to get above uplink speeds of 384, the current range of iphone devices do not have HSUPA, so even if the network supports it the device will never go above these speeds.

Hopefully the next gen of iphones will have HSUPA support and therefore be able to get above 384.

Please be aware the android phones are fairly new so you would expect them to support this as when the iphone 3gs first came out there were little or no devices that supported HSUPA (apart from a few dongles) so cannot really blame apple for that, however with must devices coming out supporting HSUPA I would hope apple would follow suite.

4. big samm thread starter macrumors 65816

am not with att am with rogers.... ive seen android devices with upload speed up to 1.5mbps on att and rogers... trust me carriers supports upload speed above 384kbps... now we need apple to put a hsupa chip asap !!!