Will the next MBP update be antyhing but improved specs?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by freddybballin, Dec 13, 2012.

  1. freddybballin macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    Dec 13, 2012
    #1
    Hello,

    First of all, what a great idea with the Buyer's Guide page. That is a brilliant idea.

    But right now the MBP status is yellow and therefore I would like to know if you think I should wait or buy now.

    My current MBP is the mid 2010 version and it runs pretty flawless. I have had zero problems with it and the battery is still very good. The SSD harddisc, even though it is only 125gb, runs pretty great.

    I am an IT-engineer student who also runs a small Web Development business. So the use of the computer is almost 100% related to work (photoshop/illustrator and programming). The only game I play is Football Manager.

    The reason I would like to upgrade is for the retina display, SSD drive with more space, twice the memory and I really like the new look.

    Is there any reason for me to wait for the next cycle? I personally don't believe I need a better GPU or CPU or whatever the upgrade would be. What would you do? Wait or purchase now?

    Thanks in advanced.

    - fred
     

Share This Page