will the next rMBP 13 have this : ?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by artivideo.nl, Apr 12, 2015.

1. artivideo.nl macrumors 6502

artivideo.nl

- the butterfly keyboard with new backlight system
    - due to the new keyboard which is less thick there will be more space for batteries especially when they used the layered ones.
    - skylake processor
    - include one USBC port (extra or exchange 1 of the 2 USB3 ports by a USBC port).

Apple don't change anything else on this product and everyone will be very happy. Again we don't want a thinner rMBpro 13 if this means compromises on the ports. However keeping the thickness the sam as the present one I think the width and depth can be smaller.

2. Skika macrumors 68030

I doubt it. I expect a mbp redesign with cannonlake.

3. mattopotamus macrumors G4

mattopotamus

That is a good question. I really hope they do not abandon their current keyboards.

4. Freyqq macrumors 68040

Maybe butterfly switches, but I wouldn't count on the small keyboard travel on every computer.

Layered batteries is only beneficial if you have a wedge shape.

Skylake processor is a given.

I think USB C will replace the thunderbolt ports eventually, but not until at least the next couple years.

5. snaky69 macrumors 603

You do know Apple doesn't read this forum, right?

And even if they did, they wouldn't listen to you, or me, or anyone else on here.

6. 0x100 macrumors regular

0x100

You suuuuuure?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=scfTmFua7Xk

7. katit macrumors newbie

I'd like quad core as well. This is THE only thing I don't like right now in my 2015..

8. Samuelsan2001 macrumors 603

Unfortunately

Intel has no plans for a quad core U series processor through skylake. So canonlake in 2017 at the earliest I think for that dream quadcore 13 inch pro....

9. 0x100 macrumors regular

0x100

But the razer has quad and a high performance gpu, so why cant we?

10. katit macrumors newbie

Yeah. 13 form-factor is perfect for me. I don't want 15 inches size, so it's a compromise. Maybe they will come up with 14' borderless one :)

11. Agent-P macrumors 68030

Agent-P

I tried out he keyboard on the rMB and I'm not a fan. The key travel is nonexistent. If it's that shallow I wouldn't want it on the Pro. I also kept mistyping because the keys are wider than the current ones. I'm sure I could get used to that though if I used it for longer, but man that really through off my typing.

This! I have no idea why everyone wants the layered batteries in the Pros. Because it has a uniform design, that would actually decrease battery capacity a little bit.

12. LoveToMacRumors macrumors 68000

LoveToMacRumors

I highly believe so.