Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

LMR80

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 1, 2016
I was wondering if anyone knows weather a power colour RX 480 will fit inside a Mac Pro?

I know it's a long card (12.2 inches) wondered if anyone's tried it?

THank's allot

LMR80

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 1, 2016
The Mac Pro slot is just under 13" I think it will be fine. I'm not sure if it will be compatible out of box with Sierra like some people are reporting with the stock RX 480.

Looks like a nice card- and an 8-pin connector as opposed to 6. BTW I've always loved how GPU companies pander to gamers with flashy stickers, marketing or just by summoning satan lol.

Thanks for the link.

And I didn't realise that it might not work, do you think it'd be okay through bootcamp?
I presumed the actual mechanics of the card would be the same in all the iterations so I thought it'd work, as the reference model would.

And yes, the design is awesome, isn't it :)

pigsyn

Cancelled
Aug 14, 2015
According to the specs, the card is 310mm, it should not fit as there is a bit less than 310mm between the PCI fan and the PCI slots. (~12,20inches)

At 3:39, you can see the board with a ruler. I think it's safe to say the card is about ~300mm so it should fit with a clearance >10mm (>0,3937 inches)

Last edited:

Beno201

macrumors member
Aug 10, 2016
According to the specs, the card is 310mm, it should not fit as there is a bit less than 310mm between the PCI fan and the PCI slots. (~12,20inches)

At 3:39, you can see the board with a ruler. I think it's safe to say the card is about ~300mm so it should fit with a clearance >10mm (>0,3937 inches)

So it should fit?

LMR80

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 1, 2016

would that be an okay clearance? Will it actually function properly?
Cheers

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.