Will the release of iPhone SE delay iPhone 7's?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by moonlyvegan, Mar 25, 2016.

1. moonlyvegan macrumors newbie

moonlyvegan

I was planning on waiting until september to get the new iPhone 7 instead of buying the iPhone 6s, because I bought an Android and honestly I miss apple, but I can't wait any longer!!

2. C64 macrumors 65816

C64

The iPhone 7 will still be released in the fall.

If you need something now, buy and enjoy it.

3. nfl46 macrumors 603

Huh? Why would a phone release in March (Spring) delay a phone that will released in the Fall? That's a long time away.

4. xixi.li macrumors regular

I don't think the SE will delay the iphone 7s

5. Ladybug macrumors 65816

Ladybug

No...they will continue to crank out the iPhone 7 on time. The iPhone 7 will continue to be the flagship and Apple won't mess up their sales by delaying it. My advice..if you need a phone now you might consider the 6s. Why wait unless you are hoping for a design change.

6. moonlyvegan thread starter macrumors newbie

moonlyvegan

I'm waiting mainly because my android still works, so no hurry there, and I think it'd be better to wait for the "new stuff" rather than buy an iPhone 6s, which is awesome, but wouldn't it be better to wait for a newer version? And if I don't like the iPhone 7 for whatever reason, by the time it comes out, iPhone 6s will be way cheaper!

7. Ladybug macrumors 65816

Ladybug

Well I can't argue with that. If the iPhone 7 is what you want then you should wait it out. September will be here before you know it.

8. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

Nope, two different market sectors, Apple is going for the premium flagship market with the 7, and that will be released in the fall.

9. 12vElectronics macrumors 68040

12vElectronics

No way the SE announced now will affect the 7 in September.

10. Retired Cat macrumors 65816

I doubt it.

It's most likely that iPhone SE's components are being made with existing and well-proven tooling. The external body and moving parts (like buttons) have been in production since the iPhone 5 era. The internal electronics are similar to the 6s. I doubt this takes much if any resources away from iPhone 7 production preparations.

11. eyoungren macrumors P6

eyoungren

OP. Why not wait for the iPhone 8?!

By the time the 8 shows up the 7 will be way cheaper then it will be on launch day this year!

Hell, why not wait for the iPhone 9, 10 or 11? I mean the prices on the iPhone 7 will drop dramatically in that time!

Seriously, this question is asked everytime there is a new iPhone or a new Apple product coming soon!

Do I wait or do I buy now? The reality is Apple is always on to the next product. Buy what you need or want when you need or want. Apple's next product is ALWAYS around the bend!

12. KUguardgrl13 macrumors 68020

KUguardgrl13

I doubt it. Seems like Apple is taking a leaf out of Samsung's book and having two phone launches. Samsung spreads out the Galaxy S and Edge from the Note; Apple will spread out the flagship iPhone and plus from the SE.

13. justiny macrumors 6502

justiny

I think Apple is attempting to maximize its production with the launch of the SE.

Anyone else notice that the SE launch is six months and seven days after the 6S? I don't know or believe that the SE will be updated annually, but the timing seems planned and executed for a reason... To make as much money as possible.