Will the Retina Macbook Pro be in stock for college?!

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Hotbod13, Jul 7, 2012.

1. Hotbod13 macrumors newbie

Hi, I am looking at buying a new Retina MBP for college (starting 2nd week), and I am getting a little worried that this laptop won't be in stock by then. I have been calling everyday, and all the Apple stores in my area have been sold out. Should I order online? Or should I keep trying to get them in the store? Also, should I wait until Mountain Lion comes pre-installed? Thanks!

2. tigert07 macrumors regular

When do you start college? If you start in the end of August, like I do, just order online. You'll have it in 3-4 weeks which is plenty of time. However I'm not sure when you're starting classes.

3. Cisco_Kid macrumors 6502

Cisco_Kid

Get the order in as soon as possible mate; you should be okay.

4. Hotbod13 thread starter macrumors newbie

Oops. Sorry. I start in the second week of August

5. tigert07 macrumors regular

If you have the money order it ASAP. You'll have it in time.

6. JefferyShin macrumors regular

JefferyShin

Call each apple store in your area about 20 minutes before they open, ask if they've received a new shipment of rMBPs.. Don't ask if they have them, ask if they've received them. Because when I got mine, they were still in crates and they haven't been added into their inventory system. Do that for a few days and I'm sure you'll score one, because they receive new shipments a few times Monday - Friday, and the rMBP would obviously be in them.

7. Dr Charter macrumors 6502

If your school has an IT store, check with them. That's where I got mine (University of Oklahoma). They had both models in stock.

8. MartyF81 macrumors 6502

Order now. If you find it instock somewhere, cancel order.

9. Greg M macrumors 6502

Check Best Buy. That's where I got mine. I went into one store and asked them to check the inventory of all surrounding stores. They found one, called to make sure it was on hand, told them to hold it for me and then I drove over to the other store to purchased it. When I got there they said that 3 other people had asked for it after they put it aside for me.

10. GCWB macrumors member

You've given no reason for why you should wait.
    Why would you wait?